This interestingly named concoction is a regional specialty of the Bretagne region in France. After trying out a few different combinations, we came to the perfect sugar and salt ratio to give our version of this pastry the most… >>
Our best artisan bread recipes
Everything you want to know about how to make our great artisan bread
Sweet baking recipes
Recipes that work: favorites like caramel walnut pie, Normandy apple pie, vanilla cupcakes, muffins, cardamom cake, lots of cookies...
Follow our latest baking projects and see what we are up to in our Micro Bakery at home in Holland and abroad
‘Fluitje’ is a Dutch word meaning little whistle. My dad is to blame for us calling this loaf a fluitje. So it is really a tribute to him and his tendency to ‘brand’ a concoctions that is new or different to him with a name of his own invention. But he isn’t the only one. Our pain rustique is also called ‘Marieke bread’ by several people, it’s just easier for them I guess, although it’s not very fair to Ed who is usually doing most of the pain rustique making and… >>
This wholesome recipe is my adaptation of a recipe that was handed to me after a visit to a welcoming guest house on Vancouver Island, many years ago. I have made it ever since, for myself and others. I would describe it as toasted muesli but other people would call it granola because it also has some added sweetness. So maybe you could call it a healthy kind of granola or a sweetened muesli or cruesli or granuesli or… >>
- First pile of flatbreads from the green egg - taste is great https://t.co/2XRToKSlXs
- First attempt at flatbread on the BGE. Like it better than expected.. https://t.co/ZLriIiznVa
- Thank you so much for the very kind feedback. Much appreciated :) https://t.co/mtpqHRqnfm
- @MaBakerBakes Lovely pic :) Enjoy the baking and butter making!
- @chris_keymc Great you tried the recipe! Hope and expect they 'taste the part' too